Cavalry Contracting Inc. is a family-owned General contractor that has been proudly servicing satisfied customers for over 10 years. With its head office located in Caledon East Ontario, Cavalry has constructed hundreds of small and large projects throughout Southern Ontario and is in good standing with the Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB).
We are currently searching for a Construction Crew Leader to join our growing team. So, if you are interested in building quality buildings while being a key part of a team consisting of crew labourers, sales, office and managerial personnel, this may be the job for you!
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a full time, year-round position which will start immediately. This position offers room for growth, a company vehicle & cell phone allowance after 3 months and yearly bonuses based on a performance review and company events. Because we are committed to your safety and to adhering to safety regulations, Cavalry absorbs all costs associated with necessary training and certifications. Together with the advantage of working alongside your crew, this role involves influential interaction with both the project manager and office personnel; you will hold a key role on this team!
- A minimum of 3-5 years related experience (Must have consistent employment history reflecting experience and skills within the construction industry)
- Valid Driver’s license with clean driving abstract
- A-restricted license would be an asset
- Carpenter with red seal certification would be an asset
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS but are not limited to:
- Manage and work alongside a crew of 3-4 labourers while safely & efficiently erecting fabric and engineered steel buildings, construction of wood framed buildings, metal siding/roofing in Agricultural & Commercial industries
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and/or installation manuals
- Proven ability to operate construction equipment and tools, including lift equipment with appropriate safety certificates and training
- Manage/ Accountable for construction site and on-site employees
- Good verbal and written communication skills with excellent customer service skills
- Daily Communication with Project Manager & Office Personnel
- Demonstrated leadership abilities showing initiative, reliability, and ability to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to travel to complete weekly projects
- Experience in the fabric covered building industry or framing experience a definite asset